You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac will only print B&W

iMac (24inch, M1, 2021); HP Officejet 200 purchased and setup Nov 12 2021.

From iMAC can only print B&W, all other devices inc various iPhone and iPad can print color. Printer Status Report and Quality Report print correctly and in color.

Problem exists whether use wireless or w USB.

Problem exists for all iMac applications from which I want to print, Kofax PDF; Microsoft Word, Excel etc; Preview; pages, Safari, Maps, Opera, desktop

HP printed color from iMac correctly - until this week.

During HP setup I used "Basic Setup" option and this downloaded all latest, relevant HP software/driver to iMac. Nov 21 in effort to resolve this I uninstalled HP software from iMac - but makes no difference. iMac still only prints B&W and other devices print color

iMac System preferences seem to offer no option, setting adjustment to address this - yet this is clearly an iMac issue - not an HP printer issue. Solutions advise gratefully received , but please dont ask the obvious that is clarified above.

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 11:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Reason: as advised by Apple, Monterey is not yet fully stable w several applications that I need.

Just spent an hour w Apple support. Solution has nothing to do with update to Monterey.

Ultimately we did a few things and removed that printer from System Preferences and then readded it.

I appreciate your time, but this has nothing do with updating the OS.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2021 12:18 PM in response to hcsitas

Reason: as advised by Apple, Monterey is not yet fully stable w several applications that I need.

Just spent an hour w Apple support. Solution has nothing to do with update to Monterey.

Ultimately we did a few things and removed that printer from System Preferences and then readded it.

I appreciate your time, but this has nothing do with updating the OS.

iMac will only print B&W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.