You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how easily does the screen on the apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

How easily does the screen on the Apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 6:43 AM

I agree with lobsterghost1; I've had stainless since my very first watch and have never had a glass scratching or cracking issue. One the other hand, my family members have aluminum, and have had experiences with cracked glass.

Is it the different crystal? Maybe, maybe not - but I'm not willing to experiment with an aluminum case to find out. :)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 6:43 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I agree with lobsterghost1; I've had stainless since my very first watch and have never had a glass scratching or cracking issue. One the other hand, my family members have aluminum, and have had experiences with cracked glass.

Is it the different crystal? Maybe, maybe not - but I'm not willing to experiment with an aluminum case to find out. :)

Nov 22, 2021 7:31 PM in response to Ride_bikes2

Every stainless steel watch has a sapphire crystal, so it's not easy to scratch at all, unlike the aluminum watches, which have a different composition screen (iON-X). My Series 4 in Stainless never scratched. I've had my Series 7 now for a couple weeks and it's pristine. This is one of the very good reasons to spend more money on a stainless watch.

how easily does the screen on the apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.