You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email requesting my iPad information on my lost device

I marked my device as lost and I just got a message from apple that my information is being requested on it but I can’t see the location. Please help

iPad

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:30 AM

read

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

if they get you to follow a link to a fake page and type in your appleID and password they can remove the activation lock and be able to use and or sell the device

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 2:30 AM in response to shaanifrombrooklyn

read

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

if they get you to follow a link to a fake page and type in your appleID and password they can remove the activation lock and be able to use and or sell the device

Nov 23, 2021 5:14 AM in response to shaanifrombrooklyn

How did you receive this message requesting information? Apple will not request information from you.

You may have received a scam message that is designed to fool you into releasing information that can be used to either take-over your AppleID account - and/or acquire information needed to reuse your stolen device. If you lose control of your AppleID account, you will have handed full control to the thieves; it’s then “game over”.

Rudegar has already provided key information links that you can use to establish if the message that you have received is genuine - however, as Apple will not ask you information about a stolen device, it is almost certain that the messages are intended to fool you.

I received an email requesting my iPad information on my lost device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.