You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather Location wrong on Apple Watch 7 Face

Unable to select any other weather app for watch face other than Dark Sky. Then despite all settings correct for location and location correct when Dark Sky app opened without watch, unable to change location from Westwood NJ. I am in New York/Long Island no where near Westwood NJ. Tried to update location on watch, still does not change.

I also prefer not to use Dark Sky at all, but weatherbug or even the. apple weather do not show as watch face complication options.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:09 PM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2021 9:50 AM in response to atewel

Thank you for the reply atewel!

To help us further isolate this issue, please let us know the following:

1. If you open the app, does it show the correct location on your Watch? How about the paired iPhone?
  2. Were you able to update your Watch to the latest available version? How about the paired iPhone?
  3. If you go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > is Location Services enabled for the Weather app on your Watch? Check out this helpful article for your iPhone: Check the weather on iPhone

Keep us posted!

Nov 24, 2021 10:37 AM in response to atewel

Hey there atewel,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues changing the Watch face. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Check out this helpful resource:

Change the watch face on your Apple Watch

Keep in mind that "Not all watch faces are available in all countries or regions. Hermes and Nike watch faces are available only on those models."

To customize the watch face, look here:

Customize the watch face

Also, make sure your device is updated:

Update your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Nov 27, 2021 7:27 AM in response to Rob_H1

Thanks for your response but that was not my question. The weather is a default on the watch face and the watch is not a Hermes or Nike. The issue is the location for the weather is not correct. It is reporting weather in a location over 100 miles from where I am and I cannot change it to local weather. While I attempt and select the location where I am, it defaults back to this incorrect location. I have tried it multiple times over multiple days, finally giving up.

Weather Location wrong on Apple Watch 7 Face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.