You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive won't uninstall on MacBook Air M1

When I try to access Google drive online, whether it be on either my PC or my Mac, I get the message that I can't access the files because Google Drive is offline.

The other tabs in my browser allow me to access any page anywhere else on the web, so clearly something is up.

I installed the Google Drive app on both machines. Uninstalled it on the PC without problem, but I can't delete it on my Mac.

When I right-click to delete it in Finder, a pop-up tells me I can't because 'it's open'. Even after I have restarted my Mac, it still tells me the app is open!

I've tried in Launchpad, holding down the Option key and double-clicking on the icon, but the little delete cross that should appear top right of the icon is non-existent and so the app doesn't delete there either!

Help!

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 7:53 AM

You have to first stop Google drive. See the instructions here:

delete google google drive on MAC but not… - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies

Google Drive won't uninstall on MacBook Air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.