You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the charger from my old iPad with my new iPad Pro?

So I just purchased a new 12.7 iPad Pro. It uses USB-C to USB-C for charging.

I am coming from an older iPad that used Lightning. I understand not being able to use the cables themselves, but what about the chargers? Could I change and but a USB-C to USB cable to make use of all the chargers I have? Or should I bite the bullet and buy a bigger USB-C Charger?

Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 11:15 AM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2021 11:39 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes...sorry...fingers messed up on the version.

So it came with what you mentioned. One of the first thing I usually purchase is a longer charging cord and a more powerful power adapter (as I find the cord that comes with it is usually too short and the adapter takes a while to charge). So I actually already have a lot of adapters, but they are all USB-A, not C.

So my question is, if I buy a USB-C to USB-A charge cable (so I can still use my other adapters), am I losing anything? Or should I purchase both a cable and adapter for the USB-C?

Can I use the charger from my old iPad with my new iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.