You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair of apple watch series 2

Hi,

My battery swelled and pushed the display out and what I can read on forum you repair this

for free ?

I went to my local apple store and they denied to repair it even though you know this is

a common problem on this series 2.

I want an official statement on why you are not taking your responsibility and deny the repair.

Apple Watch Series 2, 6

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:34 AM

Only if your watch is covered under this --> Screen Replacement Program for Aluminum Models of Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 - Apple Suppor

Otherwise, it won't be repaired for free. And an Apple Series 2 watch is quite old at this time. Apple will offer you a like new replacement watch for a fee of $229 for Aluminum or $249 for Stainless. See the prices in this link --> watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Given Apple Watch 2 is now too old to run the more modern WatchOS versions, I would not make this investment. I would recycle the watch and put that money towards a new Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2021 7:34 AM in response to patrik21

Only if your watch is covered under this --> Screen Replacement Program for Aluminum Models of Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 - Apple Suppor

Otherwise, it won't be repaired for free. And an Apple Series 2 watch is quite old at this time. Apple will offer you a like new replacement watch for a fee of $229 for Aluminum or $249 for Stainless. See the prices in this link --> watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Given Apple Watch 2 is now too old to run the more modern WatchOS versions, I would not make this investment. I would recycle the watch and put that money towards a new Apple Watch.

Repair of apple watch series 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.