You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I copy email folders to my new MacBook air and also keep a copy of the email folders of the original MacBook Air computer

Can I migrate all email folders from my old iMac to my new MacBook Air and also keep a copy of the same email folders on the original iMac? I am leaving the old iMac at my office, from which I am retiring, and want to migrate the entire contents to my new MacBook Air. However, I would like to keep the emails on the iMac for my successor to access them.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 10:33 AM

You can export the mail folder to an external drive and then import to your new Mac. It will leave the original in place.

3 replies

Can I copy email folders to my new MacBook air and also keep a copy of the email folders of the original MacBook Air computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.