You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wtf my Apple TV after 5 years now wont play antthing off my YT OR OF MY PHONE. Wtf???

its time to switch from Apple tv

too complicated

too mNy restrictions

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 4:13 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then verify if it says “Activation Failed” in Settings﹥General﹥About﹥. If so, then you would need to fix that first, and then AirPlay and other functionality is expected to return.

There are a few other threads about that on this forum. Not sure how widespread it is, or what caused it, but we did see a recent influx in such reports.

Try these steps: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

You may also want read up on some user-based suggestions in other threads on this forum regarding Activation Failed.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 28, 2021 4:13 AM in response to tremontina

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then verify if it says “Activation Failed” in Settings﹥General﹥About﹥. If so, then you would need to fix that first, and then AirPlay and other functionality is expected to return.

There are a few other threads about that on this forum. Not sure how widespread it is, or what caused it, but we did see a recent influx in such reports.

Try these steps: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

You may also want read up on some user-based suggestions in other threads on this forum regarding Activation Failed.

Wtf my Apple TV after 5 years now wont play antthing off my YT OR OF MY PHONE. Wtf???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.