You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate Apple ID and Monterey User pictures

I want to use a separate user picture on my MacBook Pro (Monterey OS) but every time I change it via settings, it changes my Apple ID picture. How do I make them separate pictures?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:04 AM

On Big Sur having a picture for the user account different than the Apple ID picture works just fine. Why in the whole world did feel the need to suppress your customers' desire for individuality with the Monterey update?

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM in response to SPN_21

Hi there SPN_21,

We understand you have a question about having different profile pictures for your Apple ID and macOS user account.

As mentioned in Change a user's login picture on Mac:

"Your user login picture is also displayed as your Apple ID picture and as your My Card in Contacts."

If you'd like to submit feedback regarding this, you can do so here: Product Feedback

Regards.

Jan 5, 2022 2:35 PM in response to Erica_S1

I agree, it is really dumb to do this ... and I would like to leave a shame feedback on your "Product Feedback", but which option to choose? Since there is no Apple ID, MacOS, System Preferences and/or Users&Groups icon availability.

I am afraid if I choose any other option available it will be labeled as wrong option or something...

Separate Apple ID and Monterey User pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.