You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost remote for Apple Tv device which is plug into tvis there a remote app for the Apple Tv Device on my iphone app i could

Is there an app for a remote that can be used to connect to Apple Tv device from my phone

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 9:07 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What was your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

There is a software remote for iPhone and iPad, that is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later).

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For that to work, the Apple TV box has to be set up to already use the same home network, otherwise you will need a physical remote to do that first. For Apple TV (3rd generation), the linking to the box needs a functional remote to enter a code on Apple TV. For Apple TV (4th generation or later), that is procedure reversed, so you can enter the code on the iPhone.

You can of course also opt to buy a replacement remote. Replacement remotes will need to be paired or linked to the Apple TV box.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2021 9:07 AM in response to sophia sesilia

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What was your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

There is a software remote for iPhone and iPad, that is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later).

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For that to work, the Apple TV box has to be set up to already use the same home network, otherwise you will need a physical remote to do that first. For Apple TV (3rd generation), the linking to the box needs a functional remote to enter a code on Apple TV. For Apple TV (4th generation or later), that is procedure reversed, so you can enter the code on the iPhone.

You can of course also opt to buy a replacement remote. Replacement remotes will need to be paired or linked to the Apple TV box.

Lost remote for Apple Tv device which is plug into tvis there a remote app for the Apple Tv Device on my iphone app i could

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.