You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max overheats

My iPhone over heats when I’m on it and whenever I put it in the charger

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:37 PM

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

There are a lot of factors that can trigger your iPhone to get heated, one common reason is using a fast charge adapter to charge your iPhone with, or Wireless charging which is totally normal. Other reasons such as:

• Set up your device the first time
  • Restore from a backup
  • Wirelessly charge your device
  • Use graphics-intensive or processor-intensive apps, games, or features, including augmented-reality apps
  • Stream high-quality video

If you recognize that your iPhone is getting too heated and your display is dimmed, i’d recommend you to:

• Avoid leaving the device in a car on a hot day
  • Avoid leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time
  • Avoid using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, playing a graphics-intensive game, or using augmented-reality apps

You can also find more information about it here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

Hope this helps !

Best,

Aryan

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2021 8:37 PM in response to la141

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

There are a lot of factors that can trigger your iPhone to get heated, one common reason is using a fast charge adapter to charge your iPhone with, or Wireless charging which is totally normal. Other reasons such as:

• Set up your device the first time
  • Restore from a backup
  • Wirelessly charge your device
  • Use graphics-intensive or processor-intensive apps, games, or features, including augmented-reality apps
  • Stream high-quality video

If you recognize that your iPhone is getting too heated and your display is dimmed, i’d recommend you to:

• Avoid leaving the device in a car on a hot day
  • Avoid leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time
  • Avoid using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, playing a graphics-intensive game, or using augmented-reality apps

You can also find more information about it here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

Hope this helps !

Best,

Aryan

My iPhone 12 Pro Max overheats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.