You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other storage issues

I have backed up my photos on a hard drive and deleted them off of my phone, cleared ‘recently deleted folder’, deleted most of my apps, cleared my caches, deleted music- EVERYTHING. And my other storage is still taking up almost 50% of my storage space.

When I had first removed my photos, my other storage grew immediately taking up the space I had just cleared from deleting my photos. I don’t know what else to do because I cannot update my phone due to no storage and my phone is basically a skeleton since I have 0 storage to operate any apps.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:35 AM

Hello Guyana_592,

From your post it appears you are having an issue updating your iPhone because the iPhone thinks is has no storage available.

Here are the different ways available to update iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We would suggest that you try updating using a computer. This may resolve the issue with the "Other" storage as well.

Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

Have a good day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Guyana_592

Hello Guyana_592,

From your post it appears you are having an issue updating your iPhone because the iPhone thinks is has no storage available.

Here are the different ways available to update iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We would suggest that you try updating using a computer. This may resolve the issue with the "Other" storage as well.

Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

Have a good day.

Other storage issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.