You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start a new iphone fresh

Hi there,

I am looking to set up my new iPhone 13 fresh - however I am finding it difficult with the iCloud function. I do not want all my old photos on my new phone. How can I not include these on my new phone?

Thanks

Meghan

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:59 PM

If you were using iCloud Photos, then simply don’t turn it on in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you weren’t using iCloud Photos but instead they were just backed up to iCloud, the you cannot avoid it. Restoring a backup will restore all the photos on it. You would have to delete them from the iPhone after the restore is complete.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2021 6:59 PM in response to mbroh0902

If you were using iCloud Photos, then simply don’t turn it on in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you weren’t using iCloud Photos but instead they were just backed up to iCloud, the you cannot avoid it. Restoring a backup will restore all the photos on it. You would have to delete them from the iPhone after the restore is complete.

Start a new iphone fresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.