You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is this Error happening so often?

This has been happening several times using my Mac. This screen comes up and computer stuck there. I can usually press on/off button and the my computer will turn on and states my computer shutdown unexpectedly and do I want to send report. I always send a report. Where does this report go and can anyone tell me why this is happening couple times a week now?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 1:16 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2021 4:56 PM in response to Duchess1291

My guess is you have an SSD failure if one time the system won't boot, but then it will boot fine after restarting the laptop. See if there are any Kernel Panic files in "/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports" and if there are any panic logs post several of them here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. The panic log file names will begin with "kernel" and end in ".panic".

It also helps to know the exact model of the laptop which you can get by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

Why is this Error happening so often?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.