You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert my iPads login credentials to my son's

I want to set my son's Apple ID on my iPad . How do I change from my Apple ID to my son's?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 10:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 11:56 PM

Hi,

You would need to sign out of your Apple ID from iCloud Settings and then Sign in with the preferred Apple ID.

On the device, go to Settings > Name > scroll to the bottom > tap Sign Out

Enter your Apple ID password to disable Find My and proceed with signing out.

Once signed out, go to Settings > Sign into iPad > enter the Apple ID credentials of your sons account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204053

Hope this helps!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2021 11:56 PM in response to gertrude40

Hi,

You would need to sign out of your Apple ID from iCloud Settings and then Sign in with the preferred Apple ID.

On the device, go to Settings > Name > scroll to the bottom > tap Sign Out

Enter your Apple ID password to disable Find My and proceed with signing out.

Once signed out, go to Settings > Sign into iPad > enter the Apple ID credentials of your sons account.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204053

Hope this helps!

Dec 3, 2021 12:08 PM in response to Limnos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

If a URL is listed, it is because it is relevant to the issue or question being asked, and would not be listed otherwise.

If you do not wish to click on the URL(s) provided, due to it not having a ‘title’, that is your own personal preference.

Thank you for sharing!

Dec 4, 2021 9:17 PM in response to gertrude40

Gertrude40,

Realize that doing what was "recommended" may end up in a big combining of your data on your son's account and on your iPad. This may be a real nuisance to unravel. He may end up with a lot of your data on his account and you with a lot of his data on yours. You also don't say your reason for doing this. Apple mobile devices are only intended to be used by one ID at a time and to do this properly you either need to understand exactly how iCloud works (which can be confusing for many), or you need to erase your device in between users (which is what I was telling you how to do).

Anyway, make sure you read more than just "recommended" posts when using this forum as many other posts may have highly relevant content and recommended ones may only be "correct" akin to the Oracle at Delphi.

How do I convert my iPads login credentials to my son's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.