You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I unlock this ipad?

I live in a retirement community and help people with their technology issues. My friend D. has an ipad and an iphone, and she is in early stages of dementia. Somehow the ipad started asking for six digits to enter to sign in, and she had only used four, and so she couldn't sign into the ipad. After 2-3 days of trying, we gave up and wiped the thing. But it has a lock on it because it was used with a "find my iphone". So great, go on to the icloud and detach that device from her icloud name. But her icloud account claims to have never seen that ipad. And that ipad says it belongs to someone named h******. No idea who that is. Meanwhile D. broke her hip (this has all been in the last few days). She doesn't know who h***** is nor does her partner? So, now what. I can't take her to the apple store, which is 30 miles away. Is there ANYTHING that can be done to recover the ipad?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:12 PM

I think you have probably encountered Activation Lock. You will never be able to use the device without the Apple ID and Password of the original user who set up the iPad. We cannot help and Apple will not unless you can provide the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. Check this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2021 1:12 PM in response to brie1gull

I think you have probably encountered Activation Lock. You will never be able to use the device without the Apple ID and Password of the original user who set up the iPad. We cannot help and Apple will not unless you can provide the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. Check this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

how can I unlock this ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.