You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2019 dying at 90%

My two and a half year old MacBook Air has been dying faster and faster when not plugged in to a power source, to the point where it only has about 30 minutes of battery before "dying" – it's not really dying, it's more shutting down and displaying the red battery icon when I try to turn it back on again, but when I plug it in, it often acts as though it was just in sleep mode when I turn it back on again (though it does sometimes just completely shut down). Does my battery need to be replaced or is this a fixable problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 1:07 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, reset the NVRAM and SMC:

Then, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

This article may also help: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

If the resets do not help or Apple Diagnostics identifies an issue, Get Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 1:07 AM in response to Arcsin_v

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, reset the NVRAM and SMC:

Then, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

This article may also help: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

If the resets do not help or Apple Diagnostics identifies an issue, Get Support.

Jack

MacBook Air 2019 dying at 90%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.