You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to update my 2010 iMac

Is there any way to put Catalina OS on my iMac 2010

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 3:17 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Sorry, no.

Your iMac can only run up to macOS High Sierra. If you need to upgrade to macOS High Sierra, get it here: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support. Backup first!

Jack

4 replies

Dec 3, 2021 3:25 PM in response to thegaza

No, I would strongly recommend replacing a 2010 iMac with a newer Mac. There are many solutions available to you, if you interested here are a few:

• Buy a new M1 based Mac Mini, for less than $1100 you have a new computer that far out performs your 2010 and you can have new display. You can finance these with zero interest for 12 months.
  • Buy a new M1 based 24" iMac with 16 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD. More expensive than a MM but an awesome solution.
  • Can't afford new, buy an Apple refurbished Mac. There is no downside to this solution. These are identical to a new Mac, you can save hundreds of $$$, they have the same warranty as new, are eligible for AppleCare. I've never had a problem buying one.
  • Still too expensive, buy a use Mac from a reputable reseller such as Macsales.com.

Is there any way to update my 2010 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.