You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used hide my email, but now I do not know my password and there is no password stored in the cloud, I keep trying to use the hidden email to reset the password, but the email is not being forwarded to me.

I used hide my email, but now I do not know my password and there is no password stored in the cloud, I keep trying to use the hidden email to reset the password, but the email is not being forwarded to me. How can I restore my password if the email is not being sent to me?

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 7:30 AM

If you used Hide My Email, then it will be located in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Hide My Email

Is the account you are looking for listed there?

If you later went in there and deactivated that item, then it's gone.. you will not get emails forwarded from that address.

There are a few different ways of utilizing this type of thing..

If you created an account and used Sign In with Apple, you could also choose to hide your email.

If that's what you did, then it should be listed in Hide My Email and it should say Sign In with Apple

I'm not sure how you would undo Sign In with Apple

If you created an account on a website or an app, chose Hide My Email, but entered your own password or did not save the password.. then it should still be listed in iCloud > Hide My Email. And if it's listed, I would think you'd get emails forwarded.

I am not sure what you'd have to do if you are not receiving the forwarded email. Check your spam/junk folders?

If you created an account on a website or an app, chose Hide My Email and then also let the iPhone suggest a password or you saved the password to your phone/Keychain, you should be able to find those credentials in Settings > Passwords

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Braia1

If you used Hide My Email, then it will be located in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Hide My Email

Is the account you are looking for listed there?

If you later went in there and deactivated that item, then it's gone.. you will not get emails forwarded from that address.

There are a few different ways of utilizing this type of thing..

If you created an account and used Sign In with Apple, you could also choose to hide your email.

If that's what you did, then it should be listed in Hide My Email and it should say Sign In with Apple

I'm not sure how you would undo Sign In with Apple

If you created an account on a website or an app, chose Hide My Email, but entered your own password or did not save the password.. then it should still be listed in iCloud > Hide My Email. And if it's listed, I would think you'd get emails forwarded.

I am not sure what you'd have to do if you are not receiving the forwarded email. Check your spam/junk folders?

If you created an account on a website or an app, chose Hide My Email and then also let the iPhone suggest a password or you saved the password to your phone/Keychain, you should be able to find those credentials in Settings > Passwords

I used hide my email, but now I do not know my password and there is no password stored in the cloud, I keep trying to use the hidden email to reset the password, but the email is not being forwarded to me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.