You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit a link

How do I edit a link in a cell?

Maybe something has changed, or I'm just being senile, but I don't see a way to edit an existing link. I can create a new one in another cell but not edit the one I created last year. I thought there was an option in the edit menu, but "add a link" now seems to be in the format menu, but with no edit option. I've edited links previously, but today I'm unable to select the text that has been made into a link.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:39 AM

It's definitely not you. I had extreme difficulty just selecting the text in a cell with a hyperlink. The only workaround I can think of is to create a new one in another cell then cut & paste it into the desired cell. Certainly not ideal. Editing a link in a cell is so easy in Number 2.3/iWork '09.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Winston Churchill

It's definitely not you. I had extreme difficulty just selecting the text in a cell with a hyperlink. The only workaround I can think of is to create a new one in another cell then cut & paste it into the desired cell. Certainly not ideal. Editing a link in a cell is so easy in Number 2.3/iWork '09.

Dec 4, 2021 12:02 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I tried it here with no difficulty, but it was not a link created a year ago and maybe I used an easy example.

Add Link is in the format menu. It adds a link but does nothing with regards to editing one already there. However, "Add Link" gets replaced with "Edit Link" when a link is selected. Same Command K shortcut. Click in the white space of your cell to select the cell, double click in the white space to select the link, Command K to edit the link.

Edit a link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.