You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts and calls

Can any of the iPhones block texts but allow calls from that number?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM

Hello,

That is not possible on any iPhone that I am aware of.

You might be able to have your cellular carrier block SMS (text) messages from a particular number while leaving it able to call you. This wouldn’t block iMessages tho.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.”

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM in response to Rbutters

Hello,

That is not possible on any iPhone that I am aware of.

You might be able to have your cellular carrier block SMS (text) messages from a particular number while leaving it able to call you. This wouldn’t block iMessages tho.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.”

I hope this helps.

Texts and calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.