You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Folders not Alphabetical

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to sort Mail folders alphabetically? They look so pretty on my iPhone but when I go to my iMac not so much,...I have Monterey 12.0.1

Thanks!

Bec

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 11:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:28 AM

Welcome to the community Bec.

Is there a way to sort Mail folders alphabetically?

By dragging them into your preferred order.

I dislike the arrangement in the iPhone. The alphabetical order isn't useful to me because I organise my Mac's mailboxes in order of importance, or the most commonly used. When I look at them on my phone they are distributed through the range and harder to find.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2021 1:28 AM in response to beckstarOK_je4

Welcome to the community Bec.

Is there a way to sort Mail folders alphabetically?

By dragging them into your preferred order.

I dislike the arrangement in the iPhone. The alphabetical order isn't useful to me because I organise my Mac's mailboxes in order of importance, or the most commonly used. When I look at them on my phone they are distributed through the range and harder to find.

Mac Mail Folders not Alphabetical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.