You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable auto-correct in Mail V11.5 (3445.9.1) High Sierra?

It's driving me nuts! In Mail Preferences>Composing, I set "Check Spelling" to never, but it won't stop doing it.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Oops! Yes, definitely "Thank You!" to you!! I would never have figured out how get that auto-correct to stop if you hadn't given such a clear explanation of what to do. I'm a senior in my 70's who doesn't have thet teen granddaughter/grandson people think we seniors all have. to come over and take care of our computer needs, so I depend on the kind people in the Apple Community like yourself to help me out. You are making a most valuable contribution of your time and energy to reply to user's questions here. I'm very grateful.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 1:42 PM in response to PRP_53

Oops! Yes, definitely "Thank You!" to you!! I would never have figured out how get that auto-correct to stop if you hadn't given such a clear explanation of what to do. I'm a senior in my 70's who doesn't have thet teen granddaughter/grandson people think we seniors all have. to come over and take care of our computer needs, so I depend on the kind people in the Apple Community like yourself to help me out. You are making a most valuable contribution of your time and energy to reply to user's questions here. I'm very grateful.

How do I disable auto-correct in Mail V11.5 (3445.9.1) High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.