You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I keep the family Apple Music if I change payment accounts in family share

Do I keep the family Apple Music if I change payment accounts in family share. I am under my dads family Apple Music

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 2:38 PM

I'm not sure I understand. If your dad is the Family Organizer, then he should (and must) be paying for the Apple Music Family subscription. If he wants to change his payment information, then he should see:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Changing the payment type should not affect the subscriptions.

If he wants got cancel the Apple Music Family subscription and you want to start an individual subscription. Then he should cancel BEFORE the next subscription billing cycle ends. Then you need to subscribe before that also to retain your music library. See the 'About canceling subscriptions from Apple' section in:

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Carloss18

I'm not sure I understand. If your dad is the Family Organizer, then he should (and must) be paying for the Apple Music Family subscription. If he wants to change his payment information, then he should see:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Changing the payment type should not affect the subscriptions.

If he wants got cancel the Apple Music Family subscription and you want to start an individual subscription. Then he should cancel BEFORE the next subscription billing cycle ends. Then you need to subscribe before that also to retain your music library. See the 'About canceling subscriptions from Apple' section in:

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Do I keep the family Apple Music if I change payment accounts in family share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.