You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete multiple messages all at once on my Imac

How do I delete multiple messages all at once on my Imac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:35 AM

Are you talking about email messages in the Apple Mail app ? If yes, simply select as many as you want to delete by clicking on one, then, while holding down the shift key, select another further down the listing of email messages and click on it. All messages between the two will be selected as indicated by the highlighting. Then hit the delete key. That's all there is to it. If you want to delete some random email messages separated by some you want to keep, select them while holding down the command key, then hit delete. I fyou are referring to something else please elaborate.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:35 AM in response to humanone

Are you talking about email messages in the Apple Mail app ? If yes, simply select as many as you want to delete by clicking on one, then, while holding down the shift key, select another further down the listing of email messages and click on it. All messages between the two will be selected as indicated by the highlighting. Then hit the delete key. That's all there is to it. If you want to delete some random email messages separated by some you want to keep, select them while holding down the command key, then hit delete. I fyou are referring to something else please elaborate.

Dec 16, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Joe Veranth

The easiest way I know is to do it on your iPhone. Basically, on the iPhone, you open Messages, select edit in the upper left corner, click on "Select Messages" (this moves the entire messages conversations list slightly to the right and inserts a radio button for each conversation), you select all the ones you want to delete by clicking on the radio button for each, then hit "Delete" on the bottom right of the screen.

How do I delete multiple messages all at once on my Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.