You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Inbox and Sent items of Apple Mail through Time Machine

Hi

I have OS Monterey on MacBook Pro.

I accidentally deleted my mail account that deleted all INBOX and SENT msgs in my Apple Mail.

I constantly use Time Machine for complete system backup. When I go into my Time Machine of the previous day, I cannot find Library of that day's backup by pressing Options key and neither can I locate Mail.

Can someone please advise me how to restore all lost msgs of INBOX and SENT folders from Time Machine.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 9:22 PM

OK just found out a solution from local source point. Here it is:

Enter Time Machine and pick a backup date/time. Go to your home folder then press Command, Shift and . that is fullstop. This will show hidden folders. Select Library and then go to Mail Folder. Copy the two subfolders V2 and V9 and paste them on your desktop by exiting the time machine.

Enter your current Library go to Mail and delete the two subfolders (V2/V9) and replace by the ones pasted on desktop.

Problem should resolve and all lost mail will be restored. 😊

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2021 9:22 PM in response to FlyingArrow

OK just found out a solution from local source point. Here it is:

Enter Time Machine and pick a backup date/time. Go to your home folder then press Command, Shift and . that is fullstop. This will show hidden folders. Select Library and then go to Mail Folder. Copy the two subfolders V2 and V9 and paste them on your desktop by exiting the time machine.

Enter your current Library go to Mail and delete the two subfolders (V2/V9) and replace by the ones pasted on desktop.

Problem should resolve and all lost mail will be restored. 😊

Restore Inbox and Sent items of Apple Mail through Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.