You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air m1 freeze

I just bought an macbook air m1 and whenever it goes to sleep and i turn it on the screen freezes and I cannot use the mouse or anything. It’s been happening since the day i bought and i bought it 4 days back. Please help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 7:38 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, take a look at If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac - Apple Support and Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support to resolve any issues.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test.

Additionally if the issue continues, reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

You can also run First Aid, How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support, and Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support. If an error comes back from Apple Diagnostics, contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2021 7:38 PM in response to Asura3060

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, take a look at If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac - Apple Support and Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support to resolve any issues.

If the issue persists, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test.

Additionally if the issue continues, reinstall macOS: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

You can also run First Aid, How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support, and Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support. If an error comes back from Apple Diagnostics, contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

Macbook air m1 freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.