You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE (2nd Gen) won't upload pictures to my MacBook Air 2017 (Mohave)

Does anyone know why my new pictures taken on my iPhone SE (bought 5 days ago) won't transfer into my MacBook? Nothing has changed except that I have a new phone. I did have to buy more iCloud space so I could transfer all from my iPhone 5s.

So all of geniuses out there...have at it.

New SE photo settings: iCloud on; optimize iPhone storage on; cellular data on; transfer to Mac "automatic"

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2021 10:42 PM in response to yowwwwie

Have you tried this process given below? Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Extracted from the above link....

"Import to your Mac

You can use the Photos app to import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac.

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
  2. Open the Photos app on your computer.
  3. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn't automatically appear, click the device's name in the Photos sidebar.
  4. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust to continue.
  5. Choose where you want to import your photos. Next to "Import to," you can choose an existing album or create a new one.
  6. Select the photos you want to import and click Import Selected, or click Import All New Photos.
  7. Wait for the process to finish, then disconnect your device from your Mac.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer."

New iPhone SE (2nd Gen) won't upload pictures to my MacBook Air 2017 (Mohave)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.