You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think that I have a virus on my iphone what should i do

my iphone has a virus how do I get rid of it

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:48 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jailbroken. 

3 replies

Dec 8, 2021 1:00 AM in response to kimber178

I might have this problem too. I was reading an article (trying to avoid the annoying pop ups/ads) but got a flash message saying my phone has been hacked. Upon researching, this may just be a scam to get me to purchase anti-virus app. Anyhow, I thought maybe I should "reset all settings" (after backing up), but now I cannot "restore backup". The "restore backup" option does not show up.

I think that I have a virus on my iphone what should i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.