You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line on iMac’s screen

Good evening,

Unfortunately today I noticed that on the right side of the screen of my iMac 21.5 Retina 4K 2019 there is a very thin dark vertical line that crosses it from edge to edge. Looking closely, with certain colors on the screen, I can see near it other three imperceptible vertical lines tendentially green.

Could it be a software or hardware problem? Because the iMac hasn't taken hits and I haven't touched the screen for the past few days. Also I noticed this flaw right after I updated Windows 10 on the Bootcamp partition. Could there be a correlation? Being practically new, honestly this bothers me, and above all it seems strange to me that the LCD panel breaks out of nowhere. I tried to reset the PRAM and SMC but it didn't work.

Some idea? Thanks a lot!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 8:20 AM

Hello, Roxainer.

If you take a screenshot does that line appear in the resulting image?

If not, then I believe the problem is likely a cable connecting issue or a problem with the LCD hardware rather than the GPU.

Either way, I suggest you make an appointment with Apple to have the computer serviced.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Roxainer

Hello, Roxainer.

If you take a screenshot does that line appear in the resulting image?

If not, then I believe the problem is likely a cable connecting issue or a problem with the LCD hardware rather than the GPU.

Either way, I suggest you make an appointment with Apple to have the computer serviced.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple Support

Line on iMac’s screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.