You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Private browsing how to turn it off on my iPad

I hate private browsing I cannot find anything and worst of all I have tried everything and can’t turn it off.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 7:19 PM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2021 10:47 AM in response to Leavesleysy

Leavesleysy wrote:

So I followed the instructions as given with no success. What worked for me was, there was a new page button that did not work. What I did and it did work was, I kept deleting the page, clicking again and again on the fake new page button. Removed the page again and again. Finially a new page button with a link under it. I click it and the rest worked. Still wish I did not update.

This is because the described process, marked as “Apple recommended” is incorrect for iPadOS15.

The method of accessing Private Browsing differs between iPadOS13/14 and iPadOS15.

These instructions previously given relate to iPadOS13/14 only; the associated support page has not yet been updated for iPadOS15:

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPad - Apple Support

The method used to access Private Browsing has changed for iPadOS15. To access Private Browsing in iPadOS15, it is necessary to first summon the Safari Sidebar using the button at upper left of the screen [1] - and from the menu tap the Private toggle button [2].

To return to regular browsing, tap the sidebar n Tabs button, that appears above the Private button.

Dec 10, 2021 10:22 AM in response to Jagfrisco

So I followed the instructions as given with no success. What worked for me was, there was a new page button that did not work. What I did and it did work was, I kept deleting the page, clicking again and again on the fake new page button. Removed the page again and again. Finially a new page button with a link under it. I click it and the rest worked. Still wish I did not update.

Private browsing how to turn it off on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.