You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PAGES Search

How can I search for a PAGES document without searching through every document. Let me explain. When I open Pages I can go to file and see Open Recent but if I want to search for another article in PAGES I am sent to documents. Is there a way to search for ONLY PAGES documents?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 2:34 AM

Or type 'pages' in the search box of Finder and choose 'Pages Document' under Kinds.

After you hit<return> the .doc and other non-Pages documents will be filtered out.

SG

2 replies

Dec 10, 2021 1:05 PM in response to habana

Provided you have allowed Spotlight to index your startup drive, and selected the Documents category in System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results, then you can search for just Pages documents using Spotlight commands in a Finder window. The following will show all Pages documents created since Jun 1 that contain aardvark in the document body:

kind:pages created:>=06/01/2021 aardvark

It will be handy to have enabled Show Path Bar in Finder's View menu so you can click on a document and see its location.

PAGES Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.