You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No WOW email with IOS15!

Ok Apple I could always add my wowway email to the mail app under ‘other’ & it all worked beautifully…until 12/4. Outa nowhere . I got a POP3 error before reset- now a failed password when trying to sign in!!!

Things I’ve tried:

deleted & reinstall mail app

changed my wow email password

reset my phone

called wow

I can longin fine online with my wow email it’s not their issue- it’s an Apple issue.

I have an iPhone 12

please don’t tell me it’s something that it’s not- TIA

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 11:43 AM

10 replies

Dec 10, 2021 12:26 PM in response to mpharns

Is that all they told you was that since you could log into the web access version everything was fine? Did they verify all of your settings on the iPhone? If it is not going past this to get to the verification of the account stage, then it is definitely their fault. Did the account verify and then you encountered this error after that?

Dec 12, 2021 11:39 AM in response to mpharns

Great news, and thanks for the followup. Did this start on Tuesday or Wednesday last week? I ask because Amazon Web Services had a major outage that affected hundreds of companies, and if Wow is hosted on AWS that would explain why they were out.

The best way to indicate the issue is resolved is to mark one of the posts in the thread as Solved. That would indicate to those browsing the thread that it didn’t need further help. Your own post would be a good candidate, as you are the one that solved it. And Razmee, Chris and I don’t really need points 😈

Dec 12, 2021 12:57 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I’ve pulled out & verified apples settings… and btw I’ve been using this app for many years without issue. This problem began after IOS15 rollout. I’ve used this link, mail settings lookup to check settings & verified them with WOW:

https://support.apple.com/mail

the whole deal is a mystery…I’ve even tried alternative mail apps other than the one apple provides

Dec 10, 2021 11:51 AM in response to mpharns

mpharns wrote:

Ok Apple I could always add my wowway email to the mail app under ‘other’ & it all worked beautifully…until 12/4. Outa nowhere . I get a POP3 error when trying to sign in!!!
Things I’ve tried:
deleted & reinstall mail app
changed my wow email password
reset my phone
I can longin fine online with my wow email it’s not their issue- it’s an Apple issue.
I have an iPhone 12
please don’t tell me it’s something that it’s not- TIA

And what exactly does Apple have to do with the pop 3 error message?

And Wow support told you it wasn't an issue with them when you contacted them?

Dec 10, 2021 12:20 PM in response to mpharns

mpharns wrote:

My username & PW are correct. Wow says it’s not them because I can login to the wow online mail website just fine

Accessing your mail via web and Apple devices uses different protocol for a lack of better term.

It's definitely isn't an Apple issue, because Wow can't identify your account, call them back and speak to someone higher up or who knows more about it.

Dec 10, 2021 12:53 PM in response to mpharns

Their support was either incompetent or was lying and trying to pass the buck or get you off the phone.

Did you follow the instructions on their website→https://mailsettings.net/iphone/wowway.com/

I note from the instructions that they only support a protocol that is not secure, meaning that if you use a public network anyone on that network can see all of your messages, both coming and going. And Apple Mail defaults to secure email only, so that is probably why it isn’t working. You would need to override Apple’s automatic SSL settings to make it work.

Dec 12, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

So Lawrence you were right- partly. They did wanna get off the phone without resolving- as soon as they said it’s an apple issue i demanded to speak with the highest tech they have in regards to IPhone email. This is the just of it: Wow Mail servers were down exactly the same time the webmail PW was changed,( in initial issue). So had to reset my PW a few times & now the mail app is all fine & dandy on the iPhone. Thanks for the patience guys - this issue can now be closed!!!

No WOW email with IOS15!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.