You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp photos recovery

Hey guys, two years ago, I got an iPhone 7 and I made sure I backed it up esp my whatsapp to my iCloud before I changed to another one which was Xs max. I did restore for my WhatsApp on this xs max but I my chats came back with pictures not visible but showing question marks. Now I don't know what could have led to that but I recently changed to an iPhone 12 and I would love to know if the data I can restore on my WhatsApp on this new phone will come from iPhone 7 which was my first iPhone or it will come from the xs max ? I really need to track down a photo from my iPhone 7 WhatsApp chat

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 5:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 6:26 PM

Okay, thanks but there was never an option for back up media

It has always been back up chats (contains both chat and pictures and documents) and then back up video

Just this two options are available on WhatsApp on iPhones and I made sure I backed up chats

6 replies

WhatsApp photos recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.