You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Preferences not loading after Monterey update

Recently upgraded to Monterey (am fully up to date now) on macbook 2017 - but suddenly having bluetooth problems. When turn it on get spinning 'trying to load logo' and when click open bluetooth preferences keep getting message 'Preferences Error - Could not load bluetooth preferences pane' - any ideas what I can do to fix?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:10 AM

CBizzer wrote:

Recently upgraded to Monterey (am fully up to date now) on macbook 2017 - but suddenly having bluetooth problems. When turn it on get spinning 'trying to load logo' and when click open bluetooth preferences keep getting message 'Preferences Error - Could not load bluetooth preferences pane' - any ideas what I can do to fix?

" When turn it on get spinning 'trying to load logo " - is this referencing the loading of the Operating System after a cold boot up ?

If so, restart in Safe Mode . This will do a repair disk, clear cache files and eliminate third party software, extensions and fonts form loading. The boot time will be slower thought that is normal

Test if the bluetooth preference issue is presented in this mode.

Then reboot normally and test again.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2021 2:10 AM in response to CBizzer

CBizzer wrote:

" When turn it on get spinning 'trying to load logo " - is this referencing the loading of the Operating System after a cold boot up ?

If so, restart in Safe Mode . This will do a repair disk, clear cache files and eliminate third party software, extensions and fonts form loading. The boot time will be slower thought that is normal

Test if the bluetooth preference issue is presented in this mode.

Then reboot normally and test again.

Dec 22, 2021 2:24 PM in response to PRP_53

It definitely seems coincidental but I did get the advice from some Mac help website. It really makes no sense.. My other issues, aside from bluetooth prefs were inability to open DMG files and my computer wouldn't recognize my external hard drives. After numerous reboots, permissions repair, safe mode stuff...nothing. Eliminating all USB devices...all good.

Bluetooth Preferences not loading after Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.