You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controller lag

Hi all. I'm experiencing a significant Xbox controller lag on my Apple TV 4k 64Gb 1st gen. This thread was first started by another user back in 2020, though haven't met many responses, part from "Me too" button hits, hence I'm restarting this conversation. I'm especially noticing it when connecting more than 2 controllers. It also occurs on some occasions with just two controllers being used. Closing other apps and restarting helps, though not with three controllers, where nothing seems to be particularly helpful. My Apple TV software is up-to-date. Anyone else experiencing similar issues and perhaps have some tips?

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 6:14 AM

Hi Manayupa,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your game controller and Apple TV. It sounds like you have noticed some lag.

Have a look here: Pair an Xbox controller to your Apple device and see the steps under "If your controller doesn’t connect or work as expected".

Have you checked for any wireless interference? The steps in this article can help with that: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

Have a fantastic day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Manayupa

Hi Manayupa,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your game controller and Apple TV. It sounds like you have noticed some lag.

Have a look here: Pair an Xbox controller to your Apple device and see the steps under "If your controller doesn’t connect or work as expected".

Have you checked for any wireless interference? The steps in this article can help with that: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

Have a fantastic day!

Dec 14, 2021 12:20 PM in response to MichaelB2019

Thank you Michael,

I recall that when I've first got my Apple TV, it supported only two external controllers (part from the Apple TV remote). I've been recently mislead by an online article, stipulating that up to four controllers can be connected to Apple TV. I hoped it was made possible due to a software update some time along the way, but it seems like it was only a wishful thinking. Even though I've managed to connect three controllers, they do not work well. Shame, though thank you for your help, which is appreciated. I hope this will change with next Apple TV gen.

Controller lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.