You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickview Not Responding As Expected

Hello everyone,

Just got Monterey loaded and I'm having trouble with Quickview. Usually when you press spacebar on a file (photo/video/etc) it opens a preview window that goes away when you press spacebar again. Others have reported that all they are seeing is a thumbnail when they hit spacebar. When I do it either does nothing or opens the supporting program. Which is extremely frustrating when trying to just view 1 of 300 or so RAW images per folder!

Is it a bug, or some setting I have wrong somewhere? Perhaps in Accessibility?: Sometimes in List view, pressing spacebar makes the file disappear from the browser window until I switch sorting methods. Once it does open a video file for example parts of the Quicktime UI (Play button here) will stay up over the video as shown in the attached screenshot:

This is happening on a new (October 2021) 14" MacBook Pro with M1 Max chip

My troubleshooting thus far: restarting, restarting Finder, and quitting the actual Quickview process in Activity Monitor. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 8:00 AM

I would just delete the post if I could! But I think I solved my issue, I had 'Enable Full Keyboard Access' selected in Accessibility settings, once I turned that off Quicklook (not Quickview 😅) acts as expected. Still not exactly sure how that feature works but at least I'm not going crazy anymore!

Similar questions

1 reply

Quickview Not Responding As Expected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.