You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID not working

I bought my macbook like a month ago , At first i used to shutdown my macbook after using , but after knowing that one doesn't have to shut down thier mac all the time so i stopped doing it and started putting it in sleep mode that's when i started noticing that my touch ID stopped working . I tried to add a new fingerprint but that was not working at all

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:24 PM

balaji285 Said:

"Touch ID not working: I tried to add a new fingerprint but that was not working at all"

-------

Two Things:

A. Clean your Finger:

Is your finger clean and dry? If not, clear it, rinse it with water, and the dry it up.

and..

B. Still having Issues?

Go Here: If Touch ID isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2021 6:24 PM in response to balaji285

balaji285 Said:

"Touch ID not working: I tried to add a new fingerprint but that was not working at all"

-------

Two Things:

A. Clean your Finger:

Is your finger clean and dry? If not, clear it, rinse it with water, and the dry it up.

and..

B. Still having Issues?

Go Here: If Touch ID isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Touch ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.