You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Cellular - Switching Providers

Hi, we are switching cell providers from Rogers to Telus in a few days. We will be getting new sim cards in the mail for our phones, and not sure what to do with our watches (Series 4). Do we have to unpair the watches, and in the Watch app, if I click in Cellular, and hit the i beside Rogers, it says remove Rogers Plan. If I do that, and I put my Telus sim card into my phone, not sure how to get the watch to connect back with the phone. I want to not use the cellular portion, and not have a line and additional $10 per watch on my bill. Can our watches be paired back to our phone without having cellular, and wifi only. Can this be done, or do we have to get the cellular part back for the watches?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 8:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 1:42 AM

When you unpair your watch you will be asked if you want to keep your cellular plan,answer no.

When you re-pair the watch with your new provider the watch will work as a GPS only model and you do not have to activate any cellular plan.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2021 1:42 AM in response to kzak

When you unpair your watch you will be asked if you want to keep your cellular plan,answer no.

When you re-pair the watch with your new provider the watch will work as a GPS only model and you do not have to activate any cellular plan.

Apple Watch Cellular - Switching Providers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.