You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Elecife USB-C Hub randomly disconnects from Mac Mini (M1, 2020)

Been a consistent problem. Checked and reconnected all connections. Currently running 12.0.1

Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? TIA.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 8:52 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Dec 16, 2021 9:09 AM in response to hcsitas

Sure. There's a 1tb SSD installed inside the hub. Otherwise, there's an occasional SD card or iPhone attached. As for notifications, I get a pop up that says the drive (either the SD card or the hard drive installed in the hub) has disconnected. It then will reconnect afterwards. I also will get notifications from Final Cut that my project is no longer available.

Dec 16, 2021 9:10 AM in response to hcsitas

Sure. There's a 1tb SSD installed inside the hub. Otherwise, there's an occasional SD card or iPhone attached. As for notifications, I get a pop up that says the drive (either the SD card or the hard drive installed in the hub) has disconnected. It then will reconnect afterwards. I also will get notifications from Final Cut that my project is no longer available.

Elecife USB-C Hub randomly disconnects from Mac Mini (M1, 2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.