You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find details of my Mac repair and I received notice it had been repaired

Where do I find details of my Mac repair. Wasn’t in email about it being shipped

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 16, 2021 5:29 PM

11 replies

Dec 16, 2021 9:01 PM in response to blinnster2

Should you know the location and a specific repair shop your Mac went to for service, there's

not a whole lot that I can do; I'm at least 4,000 miles from anywhere. Even the dog teams out

here, hire take out kibble; to be delivered by migrating birds.

You may try & contact Apple Support directly;

better, since these discussions are not Apple.

Get Support - https://getsupport.apple.com/

If your product was repaired by an authorized Apple service provider, or an official Apple Repair

Service, you should be able to login through here to see [ Track the status of an existing repair ]

https://support.apple.com/en-us/my-support ..As the options specified there, should/would help.

These Apple Support Communities are mostly 'unpaid volunteers,' who are not on company clock.

Nor do we have anymore access than you do; for the most part, this is a self-help water fountain.

..I'll not go further ~ unless you have something new to add..

Others may cite an Apple Support page, by posting some links;

quote parts of Support page contents, or post a few screenshots.

Take care & safe travels! ☃️❄️🌦🌞

Dec 16, 2021 9:33 PM in response to blinnster2

That's the way it worked for me and a couple of my friends. They don't know what has to be repaired until it's cracked open and examined, and at that point only they know what was repaired.

How did you expect to find out? The shipping notification is a generic email with your physical home address details added.

Dec 16, 2021 10:00 PM in response to blinnster2

Give it time. If you owe them money, they'll ask for it. And that should have been fully explained to you in the repair process.

As with everything else that is Apple, repairs is a process you have to allow to work through. You can't hurry it along and you can't change it. If you need to get details faster than the normal process allows, you'll have to deal with Apple corporate directly, i.e. the store where you dropped the Mac off or via phone support or chat with Apple corporate ... which is not here.

Cannot find details of my Mac repair and I received notice it had been repaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.