You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer receiving ask a permission from a parent when downloading an app

I set up my son's apple ID before he had a phone. So at that time we only had his email. When he turned 10 we bought him a phone and logged into his phone with his apple ID tied to his email. However, now when he submits a request to download an app i no longer receive the permission request and i'm not sure if it's because his id is now tied to his new mobile number? its the only change i can think of that has happened. He's still showing up in my family share program.

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 6:38 AM

If Ask to Buy isn't working - "Learn what to do if you don't see your Ask to Buy notifications, or if your child sees "Unable to Ask Permission" after asking your family group organizer to make a purchase."

https://support.apple.com/HT203025

Sometimes logging out and back in again cures minor issues.

1 reply

No longer receiving ask a permission from a parent when downloading an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.