You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE constant battery drain without use

Pretty much since I first got my Apple Watch a couple of months ago, it has always been losing battery throughout the day at a consistent rate. Even without ever touching the watch or turning on the display it can barely last 24 hours before dying. Here is a screenshot of what that looks like throughout the day (again, no usage at all except for the Apple Watch being on/in standby) Any idea what background activity might be draining the battery? Battery health is still at 100 %

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 6:58 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 20, 2021 11:24 PM in response to Bryan_K1

I think I solved the problem: I turned of wifi and bluetooth as well as location to see if some wireless connection issue was causing the drain. the watch instantly went from being kind of warm to being cold --> I think what might have happened was that there might have been a bluetooth software issue with the watch which caused it to use wifi instead of bluetooth most of the time (hence the battery drain) because as soon as I went into the bluetooth menu and forgot/ignored my AirPods Pro (which were just sitting in their case and not actually connected) the drain stopped. I'll keep you updated.

Dec 20, 2021 11:31 PM in response to Chris_Apple_GER

When I contacted support through the Apple support App the first thing they were asking was wether bluetooth headphones where causing the issue (I hadn't even thought of that). That's how I thought of the solution. Let's see how it goes throughout the day (I've got everything turned on again except for location, I'll see how it goes for now and will turn location back on once I get back from work.) I'll post a screenshot of my battery usage by tomorrow morning.

Apple Watch SE constant battery drain without use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.