You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change default share via email to use outlook instead of apple mail

I am trying to use outlook as my main email application because apple mail search function takes forever to populate and sort when I search. Outlook is much faster and searching through my multiple accounts for specific keywords etc. I use adobe acrobat a lot and when I click to attach to an email it always wants to open apple mail to attach the pdf. Is there a way to change the default email application from apple mail to outlook? This is across the board in my system, not just acrobat. Looking for a all encompassing system default change to outlook from apple mail.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 7:52 AM

Thank you very much!! This worked perfectly! I have struggled with this for a very long time, had no idea it was a preference assigned inside of mail... would have thought it was a system preference or some setting in adobe. Thank you!

3 replies

Change default share via email to use outlook instead of apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.