You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change side button back to turn alarm off

The side button on my iPhone 12 mini used to turn the alarm off. After the update to 15 it now snoozes my alarm.

How do I change it back? I do not see an option under Settings>Accessibility>Side Button

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 10:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 3:14 PM

I'm not sure if there is a way to change that, but I do know that if you have Siri set the alarm, it always sets with the snooze option turned on. The only way that I'm assured to set an alarm without snooze is to set it manually. Checking Settings, there is nothing there that allows you to make any changes like that, not only in Siri but for Clocks and alarms.

You can provide feedback to Apple to let them know you would like to see a change by going to Feedback - iPhone - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2021 3:14 PM in response to pacanis

I'm not sure if there is a way to change that, but I do know that if you have Siri set the alarm, it always sets with the snooze option turned on. The only way that I'm assured to set an alarm without snooze is to set it manually. Checking Settings, there is nothing there that allows you to make any changes like that, not only in Siri but for Clocks and alarms.

You can provide feedback to Apple to let them know you would like to see a change by going to Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Dec 17, 2021 12:46 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you. That was helpful.

Is there any way to turn the default back to having the snooze always off when I make a new alarm?

I set alarm reminders for myself all the time and never had one go into snooze mode until the new update a few days ago.

I say (for instance), Hey Siri, set an alarm for two hours. Then when the alarm goes off I hit the large side button without having to take the phone out of my pocket to do so.

This afternoon I had to turn the alarm off three times while I was driving. I could not take the phone out of my pocket without stopping to do so and I was on the highway.

Dec 17, 2021 4:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Interesting.

I also noticed, twice now, that when I set up an appt in Calendar and the notification went off, I had to scroll or click on two or three things in order to silence the calendar alert. I can't remember now if I used the side button or the phone was visible to me and I used the screen, but I had a heckuva time silencing the thing.

I'm thinking I never should have updated.

I imagine Apple improved stuff I never use, but downgraded/fiddled with the stuff I do use.

change side button back to turn alarm off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.