You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text messages did not transfer on to new iphone

Just got a new phone and my text messages from my iphone 11 did not all transfer over to my iphone13, how can i fix this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 12:35 PM

Thanks for reaching out, Heidijane10.

It sounds like you have some questions about Quick Start and transferring data to a new iPhone. We can definitely help.

You can Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you'll still need to Finish setting up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch restore from an iCloud backup to transfer the rest of your content and data.

You do have other options besides Quick Start. You can Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup, or Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup using Finder/iTunes.

Give those steps a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Heidijane10

Thanks for reaching out, Heidijane10.

It sounds like you have some questions about Quick Start and transferring data to a new iPhone. We can definitely help.

You can Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you'll still need to Finish setting up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch restore from an iCloud backup to transfer the rest of your content and data.

You do have other options besides Quick Start. You can Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup, or Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup using Finder/iTunes.

Give those steps a try, and see if there is any improvement.

Take care.

text messages did not transfer on to new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.