You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6+ , when I go to settings, software update, the phone says iOS 12.5.5 your software is up to date. Automatic update is on. I want to update to iOS 15 or something better than 12.5.5.

Can an Iphone 6+ be upgraded to iOS 15 or something more up to date than 12.5.5?

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 2:33 PM

lhoward108 wrote:

Can an Iphone 6+ be upgraded to iOS 15 or something more up to date than 12.5.5?

No.

The hardware is insufficient for anything past iOS 12, and no hardware upgrades are available.

Your choice is a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone.

Any recent iPhone will be substantially more capable than an iPhone 6 Plus, as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2021 2:33 PM in response to lhoward108

lhoward108 wrote:

No.

The hardware is insufficient for anything past iOS 12, and no hardware upgrades are available.

Your choice is a newer (used, refurb) or new iPhone.

Any recent iPhone will be substantially more capable than an iPhone 6 Plus, as well.

Iphone 6+ , when I go to settings, software update, the phone says iOS 12.5.5 your software is up to date. Automatic update is on. I want to update to iOS 15 or something better than 12.5.5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.