You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer data

I tried to transfer my data from my iPhone 7 Plus to my new iPhone 13 pro max

i had another iPhone 6 close by with a different number and transferred the data from my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 13 but not from the 7 plus

so how do I transfer the data from 7 to 13 please

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 18, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 2:19 PM

Hello there Elfeghali58,

I understand that you're looking for assistance with transferring information from your iPhone 7 Plus to your iPhone 13 Pro Max as the last transfer of data was imported from your iPhone 6, correct? If so, check out the following information for assistance with completing the transfer.

If you still have the information from your iPhone 6 stored on your iPhone 13 Pro Max, you'll want to erase the iPhone so you're able to import the data from your iPhone 7 Plus. For assistance with this, take a look at the following resource:

Erase iPhone

After you have erased your iPhone, you'll want to start the transfer of data with your iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 13 Pro Max next to each other. You'll need to initiate the process on your iPhone 7 Plus as that will allow the correct information to transfer to your iPhone 13 Pro Max. For help with transferring the data, use the following resource:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need further assistance, it would be best to Contact Apple Support for additional help with this.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 2:19 PM in response to Elfeghali58

Hello there Elfeghali58,

I understand that you're looking for assistance with transferring information from your iPhone 7 Plus to your iPhone 13 Pro Max as the last transfer of data was imported from your iPhone 6, correct? If so, check out the following information for assistance with completing the transfer.

If you still have the information from your iPhone 6 stored on your iPhone 13 Pro Max, you'll want to erase the iPhone so you're able to import the data from your iPhone 7 Plus. For assistance with this, take a look at the following resource:

Erase iPhone

After you have erased your iPhone, you'll want to start the transfer of data with your iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 13 Pro Max next to each other. You'll need to initiate the process on your iPhone 7 Plus as that will allow the correct information to transfer to your iPhone 13 Pro Max. For help with transferring the data, use the following resource:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need further assistance, it would be best to Contact Apple Support for additional help with this.

Have a great day!

Dec 20, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Elfeghali58

Elfeghali58,

Thanks for this update, and great question!

With restoring a backup to a device, this would then erase what was previously stored on the iPhone so there wouldn't be a way to restore a backup from the iPhone 7 Plus. What you may be able to try for some information to sync and merge would be to use iCloud on your devices. With this, certain information would backup to iCloud, then sync to all of your devices. For help with setting up iCloud on your devices, check out the following resource:

Set up iCloud on all your devices

While I understand this doesn't allow you to restore what is on your iPhone 7 Plus to your iPhone 13 Pro Max directly, this seems like it would be the best alternative to have all of your data synced together. Depending on how much information you have to back up, you may need to upgrade iCloud storage. If that is the case, use the following resource for help with that:

Upgrade to iCloud+

Take care!

Dec 19, 2021 5:42 PM in response to Brandon_J_321

Thanks a lot for your reply but I would like to do since I already have the data from iPhone 6 on my iPhone 13, I would like to keep it and add the data from my iPhone 7 to my iPhone 13 as well. This way I consolidate both datas into one phone and I would carry one iPhone instead of two.

do you think it is possible to do that please?

thanks again

Transfer data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.