You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail

I recently upgraded to Big Sur. I created some mailboxes under my name. However, some of the mailboxes under "Favorites" are now also down where the others that I created. Is this normal? I have a screenshot.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 12:56 PM

Yes, it is absolutely normal. You could collapse the original mailboxes, e.g. Nancy in the middle of your screenshot, by hovering your mouse over that mailbox and clicking the "⌄" icon. This way your sidebar will look less cluttered. I also do this for the All Inboxes folder in Favorites because I don't care which mailbox the new emails come from and I see all my emails just by selecting All Inboxes.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 12:56 PM in response to Nancy Blazis

Yes, it is absolutely normal. You could collapse the original mailboxes, e.g. Nancy in the middle of your screenshot, by hovering your mouse over that mailbox and clicking the "⌄" icon. This way your sidebar will look less cluttered. I also do this for the All Inboxes folder in Favorites because I don't care which mailbox the new emails come from and I see all my emails just by selecting All Inboxes.

Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.